WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
AllThingsIP for Africa is an online project focused on establishing Intellectual Property-related dialogue across Africa and creating access to IP-related information, legal guidance and mentorship for African innovators. This project also focuses on discussing and promoting issues related to innovation in Africa and creating an opportunity for African need based ideas and innovations that do not get enough attention, recognition and commercialization. This is going to be achieved through establishing a functional ecosystem that entails among others, access to partners, mentors, Experts/Consultants investors and support for African need-based innovative ideas and most importantly access to IP attorneys across Africa who are passionate about IP and innovation. There are a lot of Africa-specific innovations and startups that do not see the light of day due to various reasons the major one being access to information and funding, a problem which cuts across Africa. It is the aim of AllThingsIP for Africa to expose these ideas to increased support and funding as well as providing the founding innovators access to important information regarding legal protection of their innovations through local, regional and international protection of intellectual property.
The goal of the project is to become the leading online portal for intellectual property and innovation-related information and platform for IP discourse in Africa.
We are the leading online portal for intellectual property and innovation-related information and platform for IP discourse in Africa.
- To promote improved access of IP-related information and legal assistance for African innovative minds
- To establish functional and cooperative innovation and IP ecosystems in Africa
- To explore various options of promoting innovation in Africa.
- To promote intra-regional cooperation in Africa and enhance the prospects for commercialization of IP in the region.
- To create a platform for improved IP discourse in the African region through bringing together African IP-minds and experts online.
- To unlock the potential of Intellectual property as a tool for socio-economic transformation in Africa.